Apt, Rawhide, and Gaim

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Thu Sep 25 13:25:25 UTC 2003

Michael Anthony Porter wrote :

> Upgrading Gaim via apt-get using Rawhide failed on a pspell dependency.
> Pspell has now been transitioned to Aspell, correct?  Was there something
> I was missing, or is this just a broken dependency?

Maybe you're using a gaim package for RHL9 which is considered newer than
the one trying to be installed from Rawhide? If such is the case, remove
your current gaim package and then install the one from Rawhide, or (if
you're using my freshrpms.net gaim package for 9), grab the latest version
I've rebuilt against Rawhide (to solve that aspell/pspell problem, just
like in sylpheed-claws) that's available here :

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/rawhide/

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030922 running Linux kernel 2.4.22-20.1.2024.2.36.nptl
Load : 0.42 0.28 0.19