Severn 9.0.93 test kernel

Ben Hsu benhsu at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 25 16:16:41 UTC 2003

Bit Takeshi wrote:

> #make bzImage -> OK
> #make modules -> error in i2o( sorry, I did not note the
> error msgs)

I must apologise for giving the wrong information. I reproduced this.
The solution is to edit drivers/i2c/i2c-ali1535.c
Go to line 675 (the line containing the name "Frodo Looijaard" and add a
'\' to the end of the line (after the comma)

This looks to be an issue that gcc does not allow a string to be split
over two or more lines. I vaguely remember a post to this effect that
newer gcc's do not allow this, but I tried compiling that file with
CC=gcc296, CC=gcc32, and CC=<unset>=gcc33, and none of them worked.