gnome 2.4 - beta 2 - upgrading from beta 1 and RH 9

Frank Merenda fmerenda at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 00:43:20 UTC 2003

> > My next question is 'where's gnome 2.4'? How do I
> get
> > it?
>
> in beta2
>
> -sv

I thought you were going to say that. :) Thanks for
the information - I do appreciate it.

Ok, here's the next question.
if I have beta 1 installed, can I

apt-get dist-upgrade

to beta 2? If so, do I have to change anything in my
sources.list?

Second question. On my main laptop I am running RedHat
9. Is there any way to upgrade via apt-get? Or do I
have to download the ISO's and install? I'm on a
dialup, and would like to apt-get dist-upgrade from 9
if possible.

Thanks in advance!

=====
- Frank Merenda
Author - Uptime - http://www.steidler.net/uptime/
  -a community based Linux blog and newsletter-
Registered Linux User #234428 - http://counter.li.org
webmaster - Humane Society of Jackson County - http://www.hsjc.com