gnome 2.4 - beta 2 - upgrading from beta 1 and RH 9

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Fri Sep 26 06:30:31 UTC 2003

Quoting Frank Merenda <fmerenda at yahoo.com>:

> > > My next question is 'where's gnome 2.4'? How do I
> > get
> > > it?
> >
> > in beta2
> >
> > -sv
>
> I thought you were going to say that. :) Thanks for
> the information - I do appreciate it.
>
> Ok, here's the next question.
> if I have beta 1 installed, can I
>
> apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> to beta 2? If so, do I have to change anything in my
> sources.list?

Possible, yes. Whether you need to touch sources.list depends on the repository
you're using, most likely test2 will be in the same directory as the first beta
so no need for change but that really depends.

> Second question. On my main laptop I am running RedHat
> 9. Is there any way to upgrade via apt-get? Or do I
> have to download the ISO's and install? I'm on a
> dialup, and would like to apt-get dist-upgrade from 9
> if possible.

Haven't tried it yet but I upgraded from RH 9 to rawhide like couple of weeks
ago without any problems - shouldn't be any big issues there. Doing that over
dialup connection .. ouch. Gonna take ages...

--
    - Panu -