Initial look at Fedora Core Test 2

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 23:02:17 UTC 2003

On Sep 26, 2003, Bill Anderson <bill at noreboots.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 15:04, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>> Another reason I love it is that now I can tell when my headless boxes
>> have completed booting :-)

> Why run X on a headless box? Just curious.

Well, it's not *really* headless.  It's just one of two machines that
can be connected to a single monitor, none of which are frequently
used as desktops (although they may), and are more often used as
build servers and backup storage.

The beep is also nice to tell when the laptop in the living room
finished booting :-)