CAN'T REBOOT! HELP!

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 27 19:29:36 UTC 2003

On September 27, 2003 03:18 pm, Lorenzo Prince <Lorenzo Prince
<lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org>> wrote:
> My Severn2 test system won't reboot.  It seems to go so far and just stop.
>  It won't even save my volume settings.  In order to get it to turn off I
> have to hit the power button, because if I wait and wait it still won't
> reboot.  Please help ASAP with this one.

No one here can / will be able to help you until you:
1) Give a detailed description of your hardware (CPU,
motherboard, video subsystem, perhipherals...)
2) HOW did you install? From CD, from a network install,
boot floppy?
If the former, did you verify the checksums against the ISOs
before burning the CDs?

... the world is waiting ...

P.S. Kindly make it a habit of entering a hard return (CR)
every 10 - 12 words or so. It will make your posts
more readable (i.e. logical) to those on the list running
text-only full-screen readers.

cheers,

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.