why have I lost gedit???

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Sat Sep 27 23:58:46 UTC 2003

On Saturday, Sep 27, 2003, at 16:51 US/Pacific, Elton Woo wrote:

> I recently installed the NVidia drivers, using export
> IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1
> in order for the module to be complied with the default Fedora kernel.

You should have changed the $CC variable instead to the version of gcc
included with Fedora that matches the gcc that was used to compile the
kernel.  Mismatching GCCs for kernel modules can lead to breakage.

For that matter, I don't know if anybody should be using Nvidia drivers
with the beta, as it will corrupt any reasonable kernel issue found, as
it will be tainted.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net