Up2date from rawhide on severn2

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 02:28:07 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 20:33, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Looks like there isn't a beta/rawhide channel yet for beta 2.  Either
> wait until they get one created, or if you do or can mirror rawhide from
> somewhere, do that and then just add that local directory to your
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file and you won't have to wait.

Or use the Apt Rawhide mirror at freshrpms.net?

Has anyone tried using it with recent versions of up2date? I tried
sometimes around last month and found apt-get still outperforming
up2date... after that, I set up2date to only update from the RHN Beta
channel so I could be sure of catching the most important updates that
way.

Regards,

Michel