Email and browsing options

Bjorn Andersen ba at linuxin.dk
Sun Sep 28 14:40:15 UTC 2003

Hi

I always use Epiphany, since it first came in rawhide. It makes the
desktop experience more complete, to have everything use the gnome GUI.

But, the registered mailto protocol in GNOME is not Evolution. Mailto is
not even a registered protocol. (I do know how to register it...)

Why not make Epiphany and Evolution the default clients for handling
http, https and mailto? To make the experience complete.
(Maybe even make Xchat the irc:// handler?)

The choice to use mozilla as deafult browser, will start mozilla-mail
for email klient (when you click on a mailto link while browsing). Even
if Evolution is registered as mailto handler.

People who misses Mozilla (old mozilla users), normally knows how to
make mozilla the deafult browser.

--
Cheers
Bjorn Andersen <ba at linuxin.dk>