Fedora: low mem warning with 512 MB!

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sun Sep 28 16:29:55 UTC 2003

On September 28, 2003 08:53 am, Jos Vos <Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While installing Fedora, it warns me that it will immediately
> enable swap because I have too litte mem.  But I have 512 MB!
> If I look at /proc/meminfo on VC2, I see that it indeed sees
> all the mem I have.  Is this a known problem?

How much disk space are you allocating for the installation?
I wonder if you are also taking into account extra space needed
for temp files _during_ the install.

... just a thought ...

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.