Upgrading an LVM System

Mark W. Jeanmougin markj at jeanmougin.org
Sun Sep 28 17:14:37 UTC 2003

Most of my boxes use LVM for disk management.  When I use Fedora Core (or
Severn, or Shrike) to try to upgrade from a system based on LVM, I get the
following error:

Mount failed
One or more of the file systems listed in the /etc/fstab on your Linux
system cannot be mounted. Please fix this problem and try to upgrade
again.

First off, this would be much easier to troubleshoot if it listed which
filesystems couldn't be mounted.

Second, it would be nice if you could adjust the contents of your
/etc/fstab and then try again, rather than having to reboot.

Of course, the root cause of the problem is that you should be able to
upgrade a system which was installed onto LVM.

Should I bugzilla this?

Thanks,

MJ