Anyone seeing data corruption like bz#91932

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at
Tue Sep 30 15:43:47 UTC 2003

There's a bug showing apparant data corruption on IDE:
It seems to be a unique report but I'd like to make sure.

Ignore the lines like:
  hda: task_no_data_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
  hda: task_no_data_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
They are understood to be informational and not related to the
reported data corruption.

It's possible that the reporter of #91932 has hardware that is
marginal and has a bug that earlier kernels don't exercise, but
it's also possible that there is a generic data corruption problem
on IDE.

So, we'd like to ask that anyone else seeing data corruption
running Bonnie++ (or anything else, for that matter) please