RPM is totally fubar'd after hitting some kind of time-warp?

KSC m0par at cox.net
Tue Sep 30 17:34:15 UTC 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:46:59 -0400
seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:

> umm. This is bad.
>
> this is really bad.
>
> Are you sure you're not losing any other random bits on this system?
>
> -sv

Nope. Not sure at all.

I _think_ I see what happened, but I don't know for sure. My entire /var
was replaced with the /var from the old 9.0.93 days.

I was almost positive (apparently not the case) that I had told 0.94
that /var was on a different partition. It appears as though I didn't.
So the partition was never formatted, and apparently some point before
that last reboot, I copied over fstab with my old one to avoid hand
entering all of my customizations, and am now booting with 9.0.93's
/var. <banging head on desk--hard>

Sorry to bother y'all. I shall return to my rightful place under
my rock.