Openoffice.org don't start

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Sun Apr 18 21:54:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 21:35, Richard wrote:

> > I just get  openoffice.org-1.1.1-2 with yum on my FC2testX.
> > When i run any openoffice.org programs, i just get the splash screen
> > and nothing happen.
> > How can i get traces or more information ?
> Ooo programs start but take ~15min.

It shouldn't take that long - suggest you start it from the console and
see if error messages are spewed (i.e. open up an xterm, start Writer or
something and wait...)

Could be a damaged ~/.openoffice or something gone wrong with the font
reading (used to be a problem with 1.0.x, but has since improved)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/