rpm -Rebuilddb problems

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 19:47:24 UTC 2004

I checked in /var/lib/rpm

the __db.* files do not exist. hmm but still cannot -rebuilddb

The var/lib/rpm Folder has the permissions: drwxr-xr-x 755 file owner: rpm

<Hey,

<Looks like your DB cache files or whatever may be corrupt.  Before you
<do ANYTHING else make sure you backup your /var/lib/rpm

This is A MUST.

After you've backed it up, try moving the __db.001 __db.002 __db.003
files to a different directory and then try to rebuild the db.

I'm not really sure this is the problem, but its worth a try, since you
make a backup first it can't really hurt to try.  And check the
permissions on those three __db files make sure they are set to
0644/-rw-r--r--.

Good Luck,

sbHey,