Apache/mysql/php problem

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 1 22:37:48 UTC 2004

Paul wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to set up phpBB2 on my laptop (as an exercise). I have FC3t1
>installed with the version of httpd supplied by Fedora. mysql is
>installed and mod_mysql_auth is called from httpd.conf
>
>When I fill in the details on the install.php page and then click on the
>install button, I get the error
>
>"The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type
>that you chose"
>
>I have mysql3.23 installed
>
>Any ideas what could be causing this?
>
>TTFN
>
>Paul

I don't know if it is related, but since the most recent updates, I get
the following message during boot:

messages:Aug  1 17:34:21 gstpc httpd: Syntax error on line 6 of
/etc/httpd/conf. d/php.conf:
messages:Aug  1 17:34:21 gstpc httpd: Cannot load
/etc/httpd/modules/libphp4.so into server: libcurl.so.2: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or direc tory
messages:Aug  1 17:34:21 gstpc httpd: httpd startup failed

Are others seeing this?

Gerry Tool