bash changes

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Aug 4 15:15:37 UTC 2004

> Why is TERM ever set to gnome in the first place?

The recent bunch of GNOME updates had this side-effect.  What
precisely is responsible for that I did not try to track down yet.
When I had notice that my first reaction was "Sigh!  Here comes the
big trouble.  Somebody was not thinking about implications".  OTOH
the last part is nothing new or unusual from user-interface guys and
I thought that there is possibly some deeper purpose to it.  It is
not that hard to reverse in a one stroke but so far I was resisting
the tempation for testing purposes. :-)

> That's the question I'd like to see the answer to..

I am all ears!

   Michal