Evolution problems

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ollie.clive.ia.us
Mon Aug 9 20:41:12 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 16:36 -0400, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 16:13, Paul wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just to confirm a couple of problems with the current version of
> > evolution (1.5.92)
> >
> > 1. Creating or replying to an email puts one word per line.
>
>   Odd, very odd.  I've been reading the posts about this problem with
> great curiousity since I *don't* have that problem with 1.5.92.

It looks like the bug appeared with Evo 1.5.92.1 and/or gtkhtml3 3.3.

> > 2. GPG passwords are not kept if you say to remember the password
>
>   This one I can't speak to since I haven't been using any of the gpg
> stuff in evo up to this point.

Hmm... My GPG public keyring was just corrupted or truncated.
Fortunately, I didn't lose the secret keyring and I had exported my
public key and posted it on my web pages.

> > Is it me, but have the recent updates increased the speed of
> operation?
>
>   Nope, not just you.  I've noticed it, too.  Kudos to the developers
> (whoever it is, I don't know...kernel, gnome, whatever...good job)!

Yeah, speed rules.  I've got a 1GHz/512MB desktop running FC1 that's a
little pokey...  I put off upgrading to FC2 since it has a nVidia
graphics card.  Once FC3 comes out I'll have to look at upgrading (it's
my "server" for my home network so I don't feel comfortable running test
releases on it...).

Jeff