Problem with update on FC3test1 -SOLVED - now upgrade error

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 11 01:33:33 UTC 2004

Trey Sizemore wrote:

> I installed FC3T1 yesterday and when running up2date (showing >300
> packages) it hangs.  I see the list of available package updates, select
> all or even select just 2, I get the "Testing package set / solving RPM
> inter-dependencies" progress dialog and then it just sits there.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?  A bug?  Haven't seen anything on the list
> about this.
>
> Thanks.

Sorry for replying to my own post.  It works now, but just took a real
long time.  However, now I notice that the attempted update of the 300+
packages errors out due to conflict between the current kdeutils-3.2.3-1
package and the incoming kdebase-3.2.92 package.

What's the best way to handle this conflict and proceed with the upgrade?

Thanks.