mailman installation issue?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 15 01:24:05 UTC 2004

Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> During today's large yum update I got this message:
>
> mailman 100 % done 53/117
> You (mailman) are not allowed to use this program (crontab)
> See crontab(1) for more information
>
> I see there is a mailman script in /etc/cron.d/ but is this error
> indicating that something in the install script got blocked and will
> prevent normal mailman maintenance in the future?
>
> /Mike

I got this output when updating the latest rpms yesterday. I use up2date
launched in a terminal and saw the same message as you stated.

Mailman does not seem to be acting badly though. The message only showed
once during the installation and also in the log files.

Jim

--
New screensaver released: Curtains for Windows.