[Request for Testing] X.Org X11 CVS rpms are now in rawhide

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Mon Aug 16 14:51:12 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 07:43 -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> *** IMPORTANT ***
>
> If you upgrade or install the new CVS rpms and experience any bugs
> in the X.Org X server, video drivers, client libraries, or other
> parts of the X11 release, they need to be filed in *X.Org* bugzilla,
> so that they stand a chance of getting fixed before 6.8.0 is
> finalized.
>
> This is very important, because bugs filed in Red Hat bugzilla
> will NOT likely be seen by the many people who are working
> upstream that do not look at Red Hat bugzilla.  The proper place to
> file X.Org bugs, is at:
>
>      http://bugs.freedesktop.org in the "xorg" component.
>

> Things to test:
>
> - Different video modes and color depths
  Is it just me?  I can't change screen resolution at all!
When I attempt, I get a smaller screen in the upper left corner of my
monitor.  Not even re-starting X solves this.

> - Xvideo (run various video player applications)
Screensavers are now very slow (GL ones I think) Atunnel crawls by at
under 1 screen per second. OTOH Bouncing Globe is perhaps 5 screens per
second, but the shadow effect is jagged - looks terrible!  Graphics card
is ATI radeon 7200

There are now so many bugs in my test system that I am unsure as to what
may be causing them.  Since Friday, my panel often crashes when changing
preferences such as background, but this is not regular - as it will do
it 2 or three times and then it will work fine!  Don't know if I should
re-install or just give up and wait 2 weeks for test 2.  Not doing
Bugzilla in case I'm alone in these problems.

Scott