82815 busted w/ CVS xorg-x11 but 828656 cards .. no random crashes ..yet

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 17 01:02:28 UTC 2004

Just in case there are some users that had problems with xorg-x11
servers crashing randomly on them. I tried applying the CVS updates on a
Dell Computer w/ an 828656 card expecting a crash. Fortunately, the
inverse was true. The server no longer crashed on certain screensavers
(StarWars and Noof in particular). StarWars scrolled out the manual to
xorg pretty confidently.

I just thought that I'd throw out a possibility for some probable
successes with previously crippled video cards.

Jim

--
Symptom:		Floor blurred.
Fault:			You are looking through bottom of empty glass.

Symptom:		Floor moving.
Fault:			You are being carried out.
Action Required:	Find out if you are taken to another bar.  If not,
			complain loudly that you are being kidnapped.
		-- Bar Troubleshooting