yum update error - Package pyparted needs libparted-1.6.so.0, this is not available.

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Aug 18 10:50:30 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:39:30 +0200, M.Clasen wrote:

> i installed FC3 test1 full on my workstation, an Elitegroup D6VAA 1.1
> Board with two P3/1000 and all went fine, so far.
> i tryed to update the nearly 700 packages and get the following error:
>
> yum update
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 2.90 - Development Tree
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> .Package pyparted needs libparted-1.6.so.0, this is not available.
>
> Local the lib is here :
>
> [root at hg-operator rawfox]# locate libparted-1.6.so.0
> /usr/lib/libparted-1.6.so.0
> /usr/lib/libparted-1.6.so.0.0.11
>
> How can i solve this ?

With a bit of patience or a bug report in case you assume that this is
not being worked on. Temporary breakage of the development tree is
pretty normal.

You could also exclude pyparted temporarily, but that might break
other packages.

You may have libparted-1.6.so.0 installed already, but that is
unsufficient when a "parted" upgrade is in the development tree,
which no longer contains that version of the library.