cupsd and SELinux -repeated errors, won't continue boot

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 18 23:58:38 UTC 2004

Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 21:40, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>Is relabeling done differently according to whichever policy is used?
>

> Yes.  Very differently.  The strict policy defines many types that are
> not even defined in the targeted policy, since strict policy provides
> fine-grained confinement of many processes whereas targeted policy only
> confines a small set of processes and leaves most of the system
> unconfined.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll try relabeling the system with the
desired policy selected before attempting to relabel the system.

I relabeled with strict selected and targeted selected for the rebooted
system.

Not a good start, but I'll try it again.

Jim

--
So live that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the
town gossip.