nfs and kernel 2.6.7-1.515 problem

TGS spam at tachegroup.com
Fri Aug 20 02:06:25 UTC 2004

I too have been having problems with the last few kernel releases and NFS.

What I am seeing is that if the NFS mount is Linux client -> Linux server,
it hangs forever. Even kill -9 does not stop the mount command.
Interestingly, mounts that are Linux client -> Solaris server work just
fine, but Solaris client -> Linux server fail. I have the nfsvers=2 option
in my sysconfig/autofs. Dropping back the Linux NFS server machine to an
earlier kernel release, fixes the problem.