Showstopper: rebooting-kernels showing up in stable

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Sat Aug 21 13:16:14 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 08:05, Andy Green wrote:

> On Saturday 21 August 2004 13:30, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>
> > Aug 15 08:23:56 aquila kernel: ACPI: FADT (v001 AMIINT VIA_K7   0x00000011
> > MSFT 0x00000097) @ 0x1fff0030 Aug 15 08:23:56 aquila kernel:   >>> ERROR:
> > Invalid checksum
>
> Hum, I should try acpi=off and look for a BIOS update...

    Yeah, I noticed that; is it telling me the acpi stuff in the BIOS
has a bad checksum?  I'm new to this acpi stuff; I either make servers
or desktops that I like to leave on, ya know?

    I'll try that- thanks.

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller