k3b/cdrecord

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 16:03:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > k3b - 0.11.12-2
> > cdrecord - 2.01.0.a34-1
> > NEC 2500 DVDRW (IDE)
>
> Certainly sounds like something which ought to be buzilla'ed.  Try to
> reproduce it in "simulate only" mode and also save the debug output.

Not sure now what to put it under - here's the debug output

System
-----------------------
K3b Version:0.11.12
KDE Version: 3.3.0-1 Red Hat
QT Version: 3.3.3

growisofs
-----------------------
INFO: ISO-8859-1 character encoding detected by locale settings.
 Assuming ISO-8859-1 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
 use -input-charset to override.
/usr/bin/mkisofs: Value too large for defined data type.
File /home/paul/snaketest.bin is too large - ignoring
/dev/hdf: engaging DVD-R DAO upon user request...
/dev/hdf: reserving 432 blocks
, warning for short DAO recording
/dev/hdf: "Current Write Speed" is 4.0x1385KBps.
Total translation table size: 0
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 169
Total directory bytes: 0
Path table size(bytes): 10
Max brk space used 0
418 extents written (0 MB)
/dev/hdf: flushing cache

growisofs comand:
-----------------------
/usr/bin/growisofs -Z /dev/hdf -use-the-force-luke=notray -use-the-
force-luke=tty -use-the-force-luke=dummy -use-the-force-luke=dao -
speed=4 -overburn -gui -graft-points -volid Spit on your grave -volset
-appid K3B THE CD KREATOR VERSION 0.11.12 (C) 2003 SEBASTIAN TRUEG AND
THE K3B TEAM -publisher  -preparer K3b - Version 0.11.12 -sysid LINUX -
volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -sort /tmp/kde-paul/k3bipMpRb.tmp -
rational-rock -hide-list /tmp/kde-paul/k3bBYtVAa.tmp -udf -full-iso9660-
filenames -iso-level 2 -path-list /tmp/kde-paul/k3bSEUgGa.tmp

Now, k3b is saying that the file is not oversized and that there is
6.1Mb free on the drive. To me that looks like a mkisofs error rather
than anything. Could someone advise what to file it under?

TTFN

Paul
--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our