k3b/cdrecord

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Mon Aug 23 18:31:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:56:26 +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> > Or growisofs which is part of different package.
>
> Maybe I am getting something wrong, but the above error indicates an
> issue with mkisofs. Probably a 32 bit integer that overflows.

The source code should be able to tell. Else it would be guess-work
(maybe it's an input loop which accumulates the read bytes and checks
for overflow). If mkisofs ignores files which are too large, I don't
understand the following:

: I'm trying to burn a 4.2Gb file to DVD using k3b.
:
: At somewhere near the 1.2Gb level, the recording stops dead,
: yet k3b says the full burn has occured.