gnome-volume-manager vs. automount w/ usb memory stick

Dr. Steve rockdoctor at nfldinet.com
Tue Aug 24 13:49:04 UTC 2004

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'll ask anyway. Prior
to installing gnome-volume-manager, I had an entry in /etc/auto.mnt that
would mount device sda1, either my camera or my usb memory stick as
/mnt/camera. Although I had to be root to write to the memory stick, the
complete file name would always be displayed when listing the directory.
With gnome-volume-manager deployed, the memory stick mounts as usbdisk
(haven't looked to see which directory it's in) and is writable by an
ordinary user, but all I see is a truncated 8.3 msdos-style file name.
I'd really like to see the complete file name. Is there a simple way to
do this?
TIA
--
Steven I. Usdansky