Bug in Up2date resolution when packages marked skipped --attachment

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 14:22:29 UTC 2004

Jim Cornette said:
> Adding attachment -
>

> I noticed that when a package may have many different elements, such as
> xorg-x11, updating will fail because deps might be needed from the excluded
> list.

I'm not sure I see the problem?  If you exclude packages, they won't be
installed automatically (that is the whole purpose).  If you can't resolve
the deps (because packages are excluded) then they won't be installed.

> I had this happen because of adding xorg-x11 to my skipped packages
> recently. The package that caused the conflict was
> xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.7.9

If you wanted to exclude xorg-x11-depreciated you just exclude it, not
everything xorg-x11.

--
William Hooper