Kernel 525 Changed Behavior

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 21:06:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

I was watching kernel 525 boot up. My machine is dual boot. The boot partition is
sda1, build partition sda2, swap is sda5, and my test partition is sda3.

I create a special fstab for testing which just includes sda3 and sda5. This way
the system doesn't know anything about my build partition.

On the way up, it tried to do a restore context of every single partition. This
is kind of scary seeing as the kernels I use for building Oops whenever they
access a disk that has had SE Linux running.

You simply cannot do a restore context on every partition because it will break
people's machines. Also, there should be some record of it and its results in the
system messages log. Looking through the log, you see nothing about the restore
context. There were clearly some failure messages hitting the screen, but nothing
in the logs !

-Steve Grubb