Kernel 525 Changed Behavior

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 21:51:59 UTC 2004

>udev was using a dynamic ramfs based dev and thus had to set the
>contexts.  Which then failed because it was ramfs which doesn't have an
>xattr handler.  See fedora-selinux-list for more gory details.

I saw that. But there's 3 issues here that are very important that were not
discussed in that thread:

1) It tried to modifify my system and did not log the fact that it was about to
do that.

2) It failed and did not log that fact either.

3) It scanned my system and tried to "fix it" automatically. Usually for fs
problems it drops to nash and lets you (or the admin) do the fixing manually.

I really worry about automatic fixing that goes way too far.

-Steve Grubb