wireless problems w/ Cisco Aironet

Maurice F. Piller piller at visi.net
Wed Aug 25 13:06:03 UTC 2004

Hi All,
I have a Cisco pcmcia wireless network card for my laptop, it's an Aironet
PCM352 type.  I am unable to get this card to work properly with FC3T1, however
the card works when I boot the laptop with a Knoppix 3.3 CD.  Anyone have this
card working with Fedora?

Fedora loads yenta_socket, ds, airo, airo_cs modules.  The card is activated
and when I issue "iwconfig eth0 essid any" the card will find the access point
and get the correct essid value.

I can also do an "ifcfg eth0 up" or sometimes "/etc/rc.d/init.d/network
restart" and it appears to bring up the interface but it does not work
properly.

What happens is that I will get an ip address, but when I try mozilla it cannot
connect to anything.  I try to ssh to a remote machine, and I can actually
login to the remote machine successfully but then the connection will lock
up/freeze immediately.

Thanks,
--Maurice