Using hint from MA Young - find duplicates

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 29 01:38:17 UTC 2004

Well, I deleted all of the listed rpm duplicates from the earlier
attached file. (Oldest rpm version) The only rpm that did not verify was
rpm itself. However, it verified after running rpm --rebuilddb, rpm also
  verified after duplicates were removed.

Am I the only one that is seeing duplicated rpms? I am wondering why so
many rpms did not cleanly install and remove the duplicated db entry.
Was this from %post install scripts exiting, parts of rpm documentation
missing, devel rpms conflicts or just my bad luck?

Jim

[jim at cornette-fc3 ~]$ rpm -qa --qf "%{NAME}\n" | sort >/tmp/example.out
[jim at cornette-fc3 ~]$ uniq </tmp/example.out | diff - /tmp/example.out
282a283,289
 > gpg-pubkey
 > gpg-pubkey
 > gpg-pubkey
 > gpg-pubkey
 > gpg-pubkey
 > gpg-pubkey
 > gpg-pubkey
364a372,373
 > kernel
 > kernel

> rpm -q --verify rpm-4.3.2-0.10
> prelink: /bin/rpm: at least one of file's dependencies has changed since
> prelinking

>>binutils
> .... many duplicated packages, sometimes three instances.

Thanks,

Jim

--
Walk softly and carry a BFG-9000.