Whats with the petty Open Source Pureness that has killed PWCX

Listman fedora at linsolutions.com
Sun Aug 29 02:08:28 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 21:51, Aaron Gaudio wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 21:49 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 21:22 -0400, Listman wrote:
>
> > > What is next, don't allow nvidia driver to load?
> > >

> > This would make an enormous number of fedora devel people happy. :)
> > -sv
>
> FWIW, it would mean (at least) one less fedora devel guinea pig.
>
> --
> Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>

Fact's are fact's, who suffer's here?

Aren't we the "community" trying to promote linux?

Look, no one in their right mind can argue that anything binary only is
good, but anyone using Open Source who installs a binary at their own
risk. And I am certain much good code has come back from the vendors to
the community in response to getting their binary only stuff working.

As far as fedora devel being happy about not allowing nvidia to load let
me know, I will but some stock in ATI :-)

Maybe I am way off base, and the amount of deployed Linux is so huge
that it can tell all the Vendors as well as Hardware engineers in the
world to go screw, its our way or the highway.

Wake up, the rainbow has risen, but still quite a few colors are
missing.

Ted