Where are the FC3 Kernels?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 15:31:44 UTC 2004

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:57:44 -0500, Ernest L. Williams Jr.
<ernesto at ornl.gov> wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 09:48 -0500, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just did an up2date and did get a listing of any kernel updates, hmmm.
> Sorry, I meant  "DID NOT" get a listing of any kernel updates

they are in the updates-testing branch for fc3.
The are on the main download server... and i would imagine will be
populate to all the mirrors on the default mirrorlists that up2date
and yum use "soon"
Be aware however, that both up2date and yum come configured by default
with updates-testing DISABLED. Unless you take action to enable
update-testing you won't see the test updates. For example I run this
to enable updates-testing for yum for a specific command:  yum
--enable-repo=updates-testing check-update
i can then do yum --enable-repo-updates-testing update kernel
to ONLY update the kernel in testing and not the other packages in testing.

-jef