Games you want to include in Fedora Core.

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Sun Dec 5 22:24:04 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 19:57 +0800, joelbryan wrote:
> If there's a game you want to include in Fedora Core, what would that be?

Well I guess games are more Extras material, but...:

Stuff I have packaged (but not submitted to fedora.us yet, sue me ;-):

- GL-117 (3D action flight sim),
http://www.heptargon.de/gl-117/gl-117.htm
- SuperTux (gianna sisters style jump'n'run),
http://super-tux.sourceforge.net/
- Neverball (3D balance balls through maze game) with Neverputt (3D
minigolf) http://icculus.org/neverball
- Toppler (nebulus remake), http://toppler.soureforge.net
- lbreakout2 (breakout),
http://lgames.sourceforge.net/index.php?project=LBreakout2
- SearchAndRescue (3D heli sim, search people and don't kill them for a
change), http://wolfpack.twu.net/SearchAndRescue/index.html
- FlightGear (3D flight sim) though this could be a bit tough with all
the map and plane data (around 12GB I heard), http://www.flightgear.org
- Torcs (3D racing sim), http://torcs.org/
- Trackballs (3D marble rolling game, like Marble Madness),
http://trackballs.sourceforge.net/

This might need some love upstream -- playable but not quite there yet:

- Emilia Pinball (3D pinball game), http://pinball.sourceforge.net
- Widelands (Bluebyte's original "Siedler" look-alike),
http://widelands.sourceforge.net

Stuff already on fedora.us:

- Enigma
- FooBillard

Don't beat me if stuff above is already on fedora.us and I just haven't
noticed it ;-).

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com