Games you want to include in Fedora Core.

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 15:53:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 16:17 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:40:31 +0100, Nils Philippsen wrote:
>
> > > But plib16 (1.6.0) and plib 1.8.4 are back in Fedora Extras CVS,
> > > and torcs 1.2.1, which hasn't been updated since rh9, is included.
> >
> > So theoretically I could submit my flightgear rpms, too, couldn't I?
>
> Well, last status update was this:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-November/msg01170.html
>
> There's still hope that Father Christmas will come with much more
> encouraging news. ;)

Heh, I didn't want to stir up the Fedora Extras brew, I was just
inquiring about the status of plib ;-). Since freeglut seems to be
something of a fully fledged alternative to the non-free glut now (with
compatibly named header files and stuff), having plib back in
fedora.us/extras shouldn't be a problem, should it?

> > I also have torcs RPMs for version 1.2.2 lying around, so...
>
> Dunno whether the included package is unmaintained or will be
> unmaintained or whether the last maintainer would be happy about
> transferring package ownership. There are many options.

I would be most happy to give the package away, mind I'm not lacking
packages to maintain ;-).

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com