New testing kernel.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Dec 9 03:39:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 10:11:47PM -0300, Alexandre Strube wrote:
 > Em Qua, 2004-12-08 às 14:06 +0100, Kjartan Maraas escreveu:
 > > I'm seeing a lockup here when closing the lid on a HP nc4010 laptop.
 > > Didn't see that in -1.681FC3.
 >

 > Is this related with logging out from gnome and, when the gdm screen
 > should appear, the computer locks up hard? This is happening with latest
 > kernels. I don't know what to do anymore.

We've spotted that happening for a while with the RHEL4 kernel.
It's started happening since we switched off the 4g/4g patch for some
reason.  This one really needs solving before the current updates-testing
kernel can be pushed as an update as it seems to affect quite a few
people.

There are a number of folks at Red Hat currently looking into this,
but please feel free to try disabling/enabling kernel options to
try and help track it down, as we're currently scratching our
collective heads over this one.

		Dave