Where do you get the fedora extras from?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Dec 11 13:39:06 UTC 2004

On 12/10/2004 06:48:10 AM, Will Backman wrote:

> Sounds like 6 month release cycle makes it hard for everything to
> catch
> up.
>
> New release comes out.  I wait a little while for 3rd party apps to
> catch up, install on my machine.  Darn, now a new version is out.

I think this is a unique scenario because of the change in handling of
Fedora Extras - in hindsight it probably would have been better to get
the Red Hat infrastructure up first, doing fc3 the same way as fc2 -
and then do the change during the fc4test series so that the bugs in
the infrastructure could be worked out for a smooth fc4 deployment.

But fc2 extras work in most cases.