Fedora Project launches Pre-Extras

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 16 19:47:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, seth vidal wrote:

> > rpm -qa |grep \.fr
>
> Putting the repository name in the release tag is kinda silly.
> Now if people want to start using the Vendor tag more usefully.
> I'll be glad to include a list option in yum that lists by vendor.

Perhaps you could explain what the vendor tag is - and does it appear
on the filename? I'll be happy - if yum has a query interface to
provide this info.

Also - 'rpm -qa |grep FC3' - currently has plenty of matches - I guess
to distinguish between FC2 variant with the same release numbers. If
FE continues the current 'fedora extra' way of providing the same
version of packages to all releases (fc1/fc2/fe3) - It would still
need the curent practice of adding such tags (a lot more than core)

Satish