Testing - kernel-2.6.9-1.715_FC3 panics on GUI Exit

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 16 23:54:04 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 11:55:05PM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>>Do you happen to have a ThinkPad T31, or a Radeon graphics card?
>>
>>01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility U1
>

> Interesting. The kernel-list has a short thread on rmap handling problems
> with a test patch from Andrea and that was also ATI radeon mobility.

The symptoms seem to be different with each logout from the GUI. I
logged out yesterday and the computer exited to a continuous loop with a
similar output that Dan referred to earlier.

The last few lines in my Xorg.0.log.old file contained this excerpt in
last two lines. I don't recall seeing any entries like this before.

(II) RADEON(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0x0e9c1000 at 0xf2e78000

Jim

--
I allow the world to live as it chooses, and I allow myself to live as I
choose.