yum error of extras

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Dec 17 13:30:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Btw, there are people who think it is a mistake to drop "Epoch: 0"
> again. So until there will be a policy about this, you will see
> packages which keep the explicit Epoch and others where packagers drop
> it. What a weird world we live in. :)

Well, having a policy where the authority can decide what his package
looks like is not a bad policy to work towards consensus. That's how it
worked with us, whatever was not agreed upon was decided to leave it to
the packager's taste. Some of those differences automatically fade away
after a little while.