Fedora Project launches Pre-Extras

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sun Dec 19 19:00:04 UTC 2004

Michael Schwendt wrote:

>>>Similarly, there are much better ways how to query a package for who
>>>made it. Vendor and Packager information and signature are
>>>available. Let's put them to good effect, please.
>>>

>>Sure, let's use those too.
>>
>>But there is a real use to having it in the filename and EVR info,
>>despite the fact that we're using the release tag for something it wasn't
>>designed for.
>>

>There is no use for repo tags in EVR info.

sorry, i need an overview.

$ rpm --querytags
[...]

examples without repo-packages:
"filenames"
"name  epoch:version.release"
"name  ditribution vendor packager"

$ rpm -q  kernel httpd squirrelmail xorg-x11
kernel-2.6.9-1.667
kernel-2.6.9-1.681_FC3
httpd-2.0.52-3.1
squirrelmail-1.4.3a-6.FC3
xorg-x11-6.8.1-12.FC3.21

$ rpm -q --qf "%{name}\n %{epoch} : %{version} . %{release} \n" kernel
httpd squirrelmail xorg-x11
kernel
 (none) : 2.6.9 . 1.667
kernel
 (none) : 2.6.9 . 1.681_FC3
httpd
 (none) : 2.0.52 . 3.1
squirrelmail
 (none) : 1.4.3a . 6.FC3
xorg-x11
 (none) : 6.8.1 . 12.FC3.21

$ rpm -q --qf "%{name}\n %{distribution}\n %{vendor}\n %{packager}\n\n"
kernel httpd squirrelmail xorg-x11
kernel
 Red Hat (FC-3)
 Red Hat, Inc.