What Packages in Fedora you be thankful of?

joelbryan joelbryanster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 00:55:35 UTC 2004

Now christmas is coming, and Fedora Project make it this far, I think
it's time for us to thank the developers, just for the holiday to make
it memorable.

In any version released in Fedora core, what packages or features you
be thankful of? Create your own list, and tell how you feel thankful
for it.

This is my list.

1. The Bluecurve desktop, the developers behind the artworks and
icons, personally I like it very much, it not only bring much
familiarity, ease of use, and comfortability, it also brings a "breath
of life and fresh air" in all the desktop races, giving hope in
familiarization, standardization, and on using the desktop more
easily. To the developers, thank you for doing so.

2. The Anaconda Installer, because it's the most easiest Linux
installation I've ever seen, aside from it's easy to install linux
with it, it has a welcoming atmosphere, and the package selection
where as easy as "add/remove programs" in windows, and making it
available it the desktop is an innovation to Linux. To the developer,
here is my thanks to you.

3. The up2date applet. Not only this is omnipresent in the desktop, It
is also makes easier to see when your system is behind the latest
packages, because up2date automatically display in icons the status of
your system, in an animated applet. So the next time you see a message
"Your system is fully updated", it would bring a smile in your face.
Thanks for this.

4. Inclusion of Rythmbox, Evolution 2 and Firefox. I'm thankful for
inclusion of Rythmbox, because it makes me organized my audio CD's,
more like iTunes does, and the new Evolution is easier to use and
Firefox browser that replaced the heavy mozilla browser. Hopefully we
see more packages like Calendars, Paint applications, and cool games.
But thanks for you guys who makes the Fedora complete (yet for now).

Of course, Fedora isn't yet that complete, there's a lot of room for
improvement, and innovations. This where just based on my personal
opinion, and my thanks to the developers that I feel the need to be
grateful of, using all of this. Anyways, I'm grateful, and thanks for
all of your effort, thank you very much.