FC3 can no longer successfully burn CDs]

Fulko Hew fhew3 at cogeco.ca
Fri Dec 24 15:03:57 UTC 2004

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 09:45 -0500, Fulko Hew wrote:
>
>>For me, and a few of my friends, FC3 has two different kinds of
>>problems regarding CDs:
>>

>question; what kind of device is /dev/cdrom?

In my case /dev/cdrom is a CD/CD-R/DVD combo device ATA-attached
as /dev/hdc.

When I first installed FC3, XcdRoast showed it as 3 devices, but now
as I check (after all updates to-date) it only shows as '/dev/cdrom'
whick is linked to /dev/hdc

>(I hope you're not using ide-scsi...

other than the above, I don't know if its using ide-scsi.
I thought ide-scsi didn't exist anymore?