Strange mounting / unmounting problem

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Dec 26 18:10:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have been listening (and ripping) a couple of CDs I was given as
presents yesterday. They both claim to be copy protected, but both seem
happy enough in my machine. They both played fine, but failed to eject.

I did a power reset and they would still not eject, so I used a trusty
paper clip and opened the drawers to extract the discs.

Odd thing is that neither drive will open at all.

Okay, that seems strange, but I've noticed this before. If I start my
machine without a zip disc in the drive, the drive never mounts the disc
when I put one in. If I start the machine with a disc in the drive, it
won't read or unmount it.

Anyone else seeing this and if they are, how do I fix the problem?

TTFN

Paul
--
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
- Life of Brian, Monty Python