FC 3 and Kernel Lock or Hang

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Thu Dec 30 20:47:00 UTC 2004

On Thursday 30 December 2004 13:00, Tom Browder wrote:
> I have continued to be plagued by a kernel hang or lockup since FC 2 on AMD
> dual cpus with ATI radeon 7500.  I am currently running FC 3 with the
> latset released kernel (681).
>
> Is there any hope for the problem by using one of the test kernels?

Can you expend on your problem a bit?

I have a dual Athlon system running FC3 (never ran FC2 on it but FC1 did not
have problems) and it experiences a solid lockup at times (random events
maybe once a week or so).  The system hard freezes and I have to do a
hardware reset to get it back up (cannot ssh into from another system).
--
Gene