Status of Adaptec Hostraid support.

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Mon Feb 2 02:15:54 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:

>>>I've got 3ware bits - which work nicely, and aacraid - which works pretty
>>>well although it doesnt like some of the RH kernels. You can pick up
>>>decent aacraid cards (quad channel perc2/qc aka "Obsidian") on ebay.
          ^^^^^^^

IMO aacraid driver is *far* from be stable, and it's *very bad* maintained in
the standard kernel. megaraid is _safer and faster_ option.

> 3ware is just SATA (that was the "niche" comment)

3ware boards are *not* native SATA. They are _bridges_ based.

3ware support SATA with the help of Serial ATA bridges
(chips that convert from Parallel to Serial ATA).

--
Software is like sex, it's better when it's bug free.