Installing on SATA drives?

Rob Myers rob.myers at
Wed Feb 4 01:37:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 16:38, Rob Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 13:39, Douglas Kilpatrick wrote:
> the ide siimage patch which is working well for me with one disk on
> 2.6.2-rc2 is here against 2.6.0-test11:
> > Those patches similar enough to the kernel in Fedora to make integrating
> > into the rpm reasonable?
> i integrated the siimage patch into the kernel 2166 rpms available here:

i respun fc1 from and
added all the updates, plus the 2116+sil3114 kernel i made earlier.  it
seems to install fine via http and text mode.  however, there was a
pivotroot try passing init= error when it tried to boot it up.  anyway,
if you want to try your luck everything is here:

let me know if it works or if it eats your data...